- Leukemia After Exposure to Benzene: Temporal Trends and Implications for Standards by Murray M. Finkelstein, PhD, MDCM
- Pathobiology of Acute Myeloid Leukemia by Wendy Stock, M.D. and Michael Thirman, M.D.
- Complex Chromosome Aberrations Persist in Individuals Many Years After Occupational Exposure to Densely Ionizing Radiation: an m FISH Study - Genes, Chromosomes, and Cancer 44:1-9 (2005).
- 11q23 Rearrangements in Leukemia & t(9;11)(p22;q23 Atlas of Genetics and Cytogenetics on Oncology and Haematology
- Chromosome aberrations - Radiation Effects Research Foundation
- Chromosomal Aberrations in Humans Induced by Benzene - Ann Agric Environ Med 2004, 11, 175-279.
- Effects of Benzene on Human Hematopoiesis - The Open Hematology Journal, 2008, 2, 87-102. Hematology Section, Institute of Medicine, University of Bergen, N-5021 Bergen, Norway.
- Chromosome Abnormalities - National Genome Research Institute
- MLL Gene Alterations in Radiation-Associated Acute Myeloid Leukemia from Experimental Oncology, 2005, 27, 1, 000-000.
- 11q23 rearrangements in therapy related leukaemias - Atlas of Genetics and Cytogenetics in Oncology and Haematology
Special Thanks to Karen Gaffney for putting this section together!
Research Links Continued
- Leukemia risks in atomic-bomb survivors - Radiation Effects Research Foundation.
- Key publications by Martyn T. Smith, PhD., Professor of Toxicology, School of Public Health, Division of Environmental Health Sciences at the University of California Berkeley, CA 94720-7360.
- Chromosome Aberration Analysis in Peripheral Lymphocytes of Gulf War and Balkans War Veterans by H. Schroder, et. al.
- Therapy-related leukemia: clinical characteristics and analysis of new molecular risk factors in 96 adult patients by D. Rund, et al.
- CIA Report on Intelligence Related to Gulf War Illnesses, 2 August 1996.
- Bier VII: Health Risks from Exposure to Low Levels of Ionizing Radiation published by the National Academy of Sciences, Report in Brief.
- Report: Army Making Toxic Mess in War Zones - by Kelly Kennedy, Army Times
- Residue from the Burn Pits of Iraq: the Soldiers with Cancer by R.B. Stuart, Huffington Post.
- 25 of 41 Ordered Incinerators are now in place on Iraq bases by Joseph Giordono, Stars and Stripes.
- Shut down burn pits, lung association urges by Kelly Kennedy, Amry Times
- Burn Pit at Balad Raises Health Concerns by Kelly Kennedy, Army Times
- Study: Respiratory illnesses higher near infamous Balad burn pit by Leo Shane III, Stars and Stripes